Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Soundtrack of My Life

Do you ever hear yourself saying...”That song reminds me of…” or if I had a soundtrack that song would be on it.

Well, I finally put it to paper. This is still a work in progress but I think I got a pretty good start. The last decade is way easier to put music to than the first 2. If I think about it music wasn’t a big part of me when I was young. I used sports to escape instead.

Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
I Say a Little Prayer For You - Natalie Cole
Take Me Home Country Roads – John Denver
Rocky Mountain High – John Denver
Seasons in the Sun – Terry Jacks
Baby’s Got Her Blue Jeans On – Mel McDaniel
Coward of the County – Kenny Rogers
Little Sister – Elvis Pressley
These are the Days – 10000 Maniacs
Sweet Dreams – Eurhythmics
Borderline - Madonna
The Chauffer – Duran Duran
Your Love - Outfield
Jessie’s Girl – Rick Springfield
Sister Christian – Night Ranger
And She Was – Talking Heads
Everybody Wants to Rule the World – Tears For Fears
Blame it on the Rain – Millie Vanilli
Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
Crazy For You – Madonna
Lovesong - Tesla
Seventeen - Winger
Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin Another – Journey
Take My Breath Away - Berlin
School’s Out – Alice Cooper
Summer Nights – Van Halen
I’ll Still Be Loving You – Restless Heart
Argue- Matchbox Twenty
Hang- Matchbox Twenty
Beautiful - Flickerstick
Should I Stay or Should I Go – The Clash
Rest Stop - Matchbox Twenty
Angel – Sarah MacLaughlin
Independence Day – Martina McBride
Rocket Man – Elton John
The Distance - Cake
Stay – Dave Matthews Band (DMB)
Crush - DMB
Ant Marching – DMB
Dancing Nancies – DMB
Santeria – Sublime
Girls Just Want to Have Fun – Cindy Lauper
All By Myself – Eric Carmen
Anytime – EVE6
Telluride – Tim McGraw
A Girl Like You – Pete Yorn
Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
Back in the USSR – Beatles
Burrito – Pete Yorn
Red Rain – Peter Gabriel
Anywhere Is – Enya
I Had the Time of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warner
Listen to Your Heart – Heart
2 Find You – Jewel
Major Tom – Peter Schilling
Do…Do…Do…Da…Da…Da – The Police
Chapel of Love – Dixie Cups
Californication – Red Hot Chili Peppers
She’s Having A Baby -
Problem Girl - Rob Thomas
100 Years – Five For Fighting
Lose Yourself – Enimen
Everyday - DMB
Open Road Song – EVE 6
Surfing on a Rocket - Air
Fins – Jimmy Buffet
Undeniable – Mat Kearney
Balance Beam – Blue October
Camera One – Josh Joplin Group
Best In Me – Sherwood

It’s funny to look how mainstream my picks are until recently, I can thank my hubby for that. He totally should have gone on Rock N Roll Jeopardy, he knows EVERYTHING. Obscure crap, who sings what and if I had half of his knowledge I would be rich with all the money he bets that I would know an artist or a song. I’m like…huh. I have begun to share his passion for music and really enjoy when we can make it to a show every now and again.

No comments: