Monday, November 23, 2009

I am thankful because...

Thanksgiving this year has in store for the Wayne’s a visit from Nana and Papa, my husband’s step mom and dad. The boys are looking forward to getting spoiled with lots of hugs and kisses, not that they do not get that now but a Grandma and Grandpa hugs and kisses are special.

Scott has meticulously prepared a menu for the feast. The menu has my stamp of approval and items to be purchased for said menu have been logged into the Grocery app. How can you not love a man that uses a grocery app. I bet he can also provide 10 recommendations for said app that he researched prior to purchasing. LOVE HIM!

Tonight we will put the finishing touches on the house…I’ve got some planting to do and I may have to get my flashlight out in order to finish.

I’ve seen many of things people are thankful for via the social sites I follow and I thought I would jot a few of them down as well.

I am thankful for my husband. He is my love, my hero and the father of my two boys. His nuances are endearing…we are different in so many ways…to the point where either one or both of us have just thrown our hands up out of frustration. Yet that man of mine can still make my knees quiver with just one look.

I am thankful for my two sons. It is amazing to watch them both grow and learn in their boy ways. We have tickle fights in the evenings and there is nothing like a house filled with the laughter of children. Our five year old is maturing more and more every day. He is reading, writing and solving math problems. I am so proud of how hard he works at everything…everyday. Our 17th month old is in awe of his big brother and when he is not trying to beat him up he can be seen as a blonde streak running through the house, with one arm just a pumping, chasing after his big brosef. I’ve said it many of times…I never wanted kids until I had them and I am thankful God had a bigger plan and allowed me to experience and grow as a person and hold the prestigious honor of being a mother.

I am thankful for family and friends. Love and support…from family, extended family to the family I got to choose…my friends, I am thankful for them and their kind hearts.

I am thankful for the health of my family, both physically and as a whole. I am thankful our visits to the doctor’s office are from an occasional fever or checkup. I am thankful we are a cohesive unit and when there is something that needs to be dealt with we rally around each other and see it through.

I am thankful to have a job with outstanding benefits to help pay for those occasional fevers, checkup, unscheduled surgeries and emergency room visits.

I am thankful for our neighbors that have become our friends. Whether it is births, babysitting, a stick or two of butter, gasoline for the generator or a reason to get together to be adults for a night…we can always count on our neighbors.

I am thankful to God. We are truly blessed and I thank Him every day .

No comments: