Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Finally…I ran! Yay freakin me! Monday I ran 2.5 miles. I really didn’t time myself since I was attempting to take it easy since it’s been a couple of months since I ran. The weather was perfect and the legs felt good. I had to tell myself to slow down a couple of times because everything felt too good.

I had sushi for lunch and it seems I had a bit too much wasabi because my chest started burning about halfway through. Or was it the lack of cardio trainig in two months? I'll blame the wasabi. It really worked out to running 2 and working .5. I’m happy with that.

I also managed a quick run on Tuesday…hey look at me! Two days in a row. It was raining so I ran on the dreadmill. And it lived up to the name…every 2 miles of it. My legs were feeling a bit heavy the day before and I didn’t want to go crazy. Plus I saw my life pass before me when I was so engrossed in the handover ceremony aboard ISS that I tripped and nearly fell flat on my face. I’m such a spaz. The guy next to me even asked me if I was ok. I’m planning on keeping it to 2 – 2.5 this week and getting back on track with 3 to 4 next week. I should be good to go for the relay on the 28th.

Congrats to all the Striders that braved the weather in Boston. You are awesome.

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the event that took place at Virg.inia Te.ch on Monday. 33 people didn’t come home on Monday; a statement that resonates rather frequently in my mind throughout the day. Figure out how we can use this tragedy to make the world a better place for the future. Pass it on…

2 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Love the new 'do! Congrats on getting back to running. I can relate on the treadmill thing...I fell once when I was fidgeting with my walkman. Luckily, I was at home, but my husband came running into the room and I had a nasty burn from the treadmill belt. :-)

Anonymous said...

Look at you, training hard for the Bash, well done! Thanks for posting the photo so that we'll recognize you ;-)

Steeeve