Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Substance

It is not that I haven't had much to say the last few days...I haven't. So much "craziness" has been going on I can't even keep up. All I will say about that, I can't wrap my mind around it...everything you work for in your entire life done...negated...destroyed. Is it worth it? I hope so but I think not.

Weekend recap. Friday night was delightful and YAY the sun peeked out. Good food, good company and a decent movie. Us girls ended up seeing Catch and Release, yes, it was the typical chick flick. Nothing really too deep or thought provoking. It was fun to just laugh and be with friends. My favorite line from the movie from Jennifer Garner's character..."I obsess over natural disasters...I think people should die". Now writing this out of context makes me look like a masochist but I'm not. She's at a dinner party and she is telling the guest things they didn't know about her. I guess you had to be there.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful, nice. We did enjoy the sun, YES! and some quality family time. The hubby and I watched the Superbowl and we were as disappointed as everyone else with the commercials.

I ran on Monday, 3 miles (30:40). It was perfect weather. I so very much enjoyed myself. I also sent in my old running shorts for running skirts on Monday, taking advantage of the "convert to skirts" campaign. I can't wait to get them in. I even managed to convince Jodie to try a pair.

The hubby is in Dallas for a convention until Thursday. The boy seems to be doing okay with it. Last time Daddy went to visit the pirates when he went to Vegas now we tell the boy Daddy is visiting the cowboys. It will be interesting because Mommy is going to Florida in a couple of weeks. I don't think he will be as accepting that mommy is going to go visit the space shuttle without him. We will see.

I guess that's it...not much substance here. Have a good one.

2 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

LOL at visiting the pirates and cowboys. Just don't tell the boy you're visiting Mickey Mouse without him! LOL!

Junie B said...

what tha???? SHORTS TO SKIRTS???

you MUST post the link or the information on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!